How cloud email archiving can benefit every department
November 23rd, 2016
Email archiving is much more than just another IT solution. By implementing cloud email archiving, every department in your business stands to gain a wealth of benefits. Greater efficiency, streamlined processes and reduced costs are just some of the positive results you will see at a high level.
IT Director, IT Manager, Network Manager
- Eliminates the need for PST files and restorations of individual emails for end-users
- Reduces the time it takes to back up the email server and allows it to run more efficiently
- De-duplicates email data and removes it from expensive Tier 1 storage, resulting in reduced storage requirements and lower costs
- Allows end-users to self-manage their email, for example restoring deleted messages, rather than logging support calls
- Easy to budget and forecast for
- Enable authorised personnel – such as the HR Manager – the ability to conduct their own investigations without requiring assistance
Legal and HR Department
Internal/External legal counsel, HR Director, HR Manager
- A fast and accurate way to search for all emails connected to a particular person, subject, attachment, client etc.
- Ensures transparency and visibility required for fair HR investigations
- Greater protection for employee privacy as a fully encrypted audit trail is generated with every search request
- Manage HR investigations without the need for IT involvement with role-based security permissions and an intuitive search interface
- A tamper-proof repository ensures the emails you retrieve are reliable and accurate, by removing the ability for users to edit or delete emails
Data Protection and Compliance
Freedom of Information Officer, Compliance Officer, IT Director
- Provides authorised personnel with access to all email communications, ensuring transparency and visibility
- Helps the company adhere to FOI legislation, financial regulations, data retention regulations etc.
- Time-stamping and digital fingerprinting proves the data is authentic and exactly what was sent on/received by any given date
CEO, MD, Directors, Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager
- Greater protection for the business against data leakage
- Ensure that policies and procedures are properly enforced to protect intellectual property, patent data, client information etc. and make sure they are only held within the business
- A greater understanding of how your business uses email e.g. how long does it take the Sales team to respond to a prospective client?
How can law firms reduce the risk of cloud services
Rapid change within the legal sector nationally and internationally has made many firms look to the cloud for solutions. In times of turbulence, legal firms and, in fact, other businesses look for change, to get an edge over the competition, to pick up that golden chalice dangled in front of their noses by a smart […]
QuoStar’s 10 Year Anniversary: 10 lessons we’ve learnt
2015 is QuoStar’s 10th anniversary. We have come a long way from a shoe-box office with no windows and no clients to where we are today. We have learnt so many lessons as we’ve probably hit most bumps in the road along the way. However, I wouldn’t change that as that experience is what makes […]
Where are we with Remote Access?
Remote access to internal IT systems is still a big enabler for any sized business. Business is no longer 9-5, and staff are no longer just sat in the office. The world has changed, so surely remote access has as well? Well, not as much as you’d think, but bandwidth has dramatically improved, as has […]