How cloud email archiving can benefit every department
Last updated on April 15th, 2020
Email archiving is much more than just another IT solution. By implementing cloud email archiving, every department in your business stands to gain a wealth of benefits. Greater efficiency, streamlined processes and reduced costs are just some of the positive results you will see at a high level.
IT Director, IT Manager, Network Manager
- Eliminates the need for PST files and restorations of individual emails for end-users
- Reduces the time it takes to back up the email server and allows it to run more efficiently
- De-duplicates email data and removes it from expensive Tier 1 storage, resulting in reduced storage requirements and lower costs
- Allows end-users to self-manage their email, for example restoring deleted messages, rather than logging support calls
- Easy to budget and forecast for
- Enable authorised personnel – such as the HR Manager – the ability to conduct their own investigations without requiring assistance
Legal and HR Department
Internal/External legal counsel, HR Director, HR Manager
- A fast and accurate way to search for all emails connected to a particular person, subject, attachment, client etc.
- Ensures transparency and visibility required for fair HR investigations
- Greater protection for employee privacy as a fully encrypted audit trail is generated with every search request
- Manage HR investigations without the need for IT involvement with role-based security permissions and an intuitive search interface
- A tamper-proof repository ensures the emails you retrieve are reliable and accurate, by removing the ability for users to edit or delete emails
Data Protection and Compliance
Freedom of Information Officer, Compliance Officer, IT Director
- Provides authorised personnel with access to all email communications, ensuring transparency and visibility
- Helps the company adhere to FOI legislation, financial regulations, data retention regulations etc.
- Time-stamping and digital fingerprinting proves the data is authentic and exactly what was sent on/received by any given date
CEO, MD, Directors, Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager
- Greater protection for the business against data leakage
- Ensure that policies and procedures are properly enforced to protect intellectual property, patent data, client information etc. and make sure they are only held within the business
- Greater understanding of how your business uses email e.g. how long does it take the Sales team to respond to a prospective client?
Interested in cloud email archiving? Start your free 30 day trial of QuoStar Mail Archive today
GDPR for CIOs: Why it’s important and what you need to do
The 25th of May 2018 was when GDPR came into full force. Designed to standardise data protection measures across Europe GDPR provides individuals with greater rights and establishes a modern framework to which companies need to comply. GDPR applies to any organisation, regardless of whether they are actually based in the EU, if they process […]
Why you should switch to Office 365
Microsoft’s Office has been a staple for businesses for many years and that’s not about to change. Office 365 is the name for the package which includes the suite of Microsoft’s core programs as well as a cloud service, letting you stay connected wherever you are. But why should you switch to it? And what […]
The benefits of an email archiving solution
There are typically three ways in which businesses can archive their email; save absolutely everything, rely on users to archive emails or utilise an email archiving solution. With 269,000,000,000 (yes, that’s billion!) emails being sent and received every day, storing every single one is not really feasible. And with 200 billion of those being SPAM, […]