How cloud email archiving can benefit every department
November 23rd, 2016
Email archiving is much more than just another IT solution. By implementing cloud email archiving, every department in your business stands to gain a wealth of benefits. Greater efficiency, streamlined processes and reduced costs are just some of the positive results you will see at a high level.
IT Director, IT Manager, Network Manager
- Eliminates the need for PST files and restorations of individual emails for end-users
- Reduces the time it takes to back up the email server and allows it to run more efficiently
- De-duplicates email data and removes it from expensive Tier 1 storage, resulting in reduced storage requirements and lower costs
- Allows end-users to self-manage their email, for example restoring deleted messages, rather than logging support calls
- Easy to budget and forecast for
- Enable authorised personnel – such as the HR Manager – the ability to conduct their own investigations without requiring assistance
Legal and HR Department
Internal/External legal counsel, HR Director, HR Manager
- A fast and accurate way to search for all emails connected to a particular person, subject, attachment, client etc.
- Ensures transparency and visibility required for fair HR investigations
- Greater protection for employee privacy as a fully encrypted audit trail is generated with every search request
- Manage HR investigations without the need for IT involvement with role-based security permissions and an intuitive search interface
- A tamper-proof repository ensures the emails you retrieve are reliable and accurate, by removing the ability for users to edit or delete emails
Data Protection and Compliance
Freedom of Information Officer, Compliance Officer, IT Director
- Provides authorised personnel with access to all email communications, ensuring transparency and visibility
- Helps the company adhere to FOI legislation, financial regulations, data retention regulations etc.
- Time-stamping and digital fingerprinting proves the data is authentic and exactly what was sent on/received by any given date
CEO, MD, Directors, Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager
- Greater protection for the business against data leakage
- Ensure that policies and procedures are properly enforced to protect intellectual property, patent data, client information etc. and make sure they are only held within the business
- A greater understanding of how your business uses email e.g. how long does it take the Sales team to respond to a prospective client?
Tips for managing multiple devices for IT teams
BYOD, CYOD, IaaS and SaaS may have been buried under waves of new acronyms, but although they’re buried, they can’t be forgotten. These four acronyms changed the way businesses’ networks are structured, they multiplied the complexity of connectivity, they incited the development of mobile apps for traditionally desktop software and, along with cloud, gave life […]
When will the legal sector go lean?
As we all know, the legal sector is changing and changing fast. Several emerging challenges in the sector are driving this change, namely: globalisation, shrinking margins and innovation. But whilst change can be uncomfortable, failing to adapt means you die. This may seem like a scary prospect (and it is) but the legal sector has […]
LIVE WEBINAR | IT Strategy for Law Firms
Please enter your details to access the webinar password In an increasingly competitive marketplace, law firms are under pressure to continually improve their operations and deliver an enhanced experience for clients. While firms can leverage technology to do this, it’s vital that they are investing wisely, intentionally and with purpose – especially given the current […]