QuoStar is a fast-growing IT support and consultancy provider headquartered on the South coast in Bournemouth, Dorset. We work with growing businesses worldwide across a variety of sectors.
As a member of the QuoStar team you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Internal incentives and awards.
- Pension plan with employer contribution.
- Employee assistance and wellness programme to support physical and mental wellbeing.
If you’re a first line IT support professional with a passion for technology and excellent customer service, this could be your perfect next move. Working as part of a friendly, motivated team, for one of the UK’s fastest growing managed service providers, you will use your technical knowledge and experience to resolve reactive service desk tickets. Our dynamic environment supports multiple client and internal systems and applications, including on client premises, in our cloud environment and within public cloud services.
- Communicate in a professional, friendly way with clients, end users and third parties via telephone, e-mail, and remote support tools to resolve incidents, service requests and provide regular updates in line with SLA agreements.
- Work with other members of the Service Desk support team to diagnose and resolve problems to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Use QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required as part of your role.
- Develop your knowledge and skills by taking part in professional training required by QuoStar
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures in line with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditations.
- Manage your time well and resolve service requests within SLA requirements.
- Resolve issues as quickly as possible, including doing extra research as required when you face unfamiliar technologies, escalating any issues when appropriate
- Continually improve in everything you do and deliver consistent and excellent customer service.
- Learn about and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other team members so that we can all develop and exceed our standards
- Become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a first line technical support role within an MSP environment, providing support to end users and their line of business applications
- General diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, including accurately categorising and prioritising incidents in line with Service Operation Procedures
- Experience with Office Applications and Microsoft 365 Support and Administration
- Virtualisation technologies
- Able to take ownership of incidents and manage these in a logical and methodological manner
- Exceptionally self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative out of hours
- General network troubleshooting, including:
- Clean UK Driving licence and own car
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- IT degree or equivalent
- Valid Microsoft Server MCP/MCSA certification or Cisco CCNA certification
This role is suitable for someone who:
- Is driven, flexible and has a can-do attitude
- Has a passion for technology and delivering outstanding customer service, taking the lead where necessary and sharing technical knowledge
- Is a determined and resourceful individual, who enjoys problem solving and can think on their feet to find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies.
- Title:1st Line Service Desk Engineer
- Team: Service Desk
- Reports to: Head of Service Delivery
- Salary: DOE + excellent benefits
- Location: Bournemouth
Quostar is looking for a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to join our team.Apply