Service Desk Engineer
Department: Managed Services
Team: Service Desk
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Working Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional overtime (½ hour lunch break)
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Salary: up to £30K DOE plus benefits, on-call allowance
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Benefits: Free drinks, fruit and breakfast cereal, fun working environment and a range of social events, a great south coast location – 10 minutes from the beach, contributory pension scheme, free eye tests, cycle to work scheme and private health cover. We also offer a flexible benefits scheme which includes things like free phone insurance, travel and restaurant discounts, half price cinema tickets, plus more.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced professional with a passion for technology and customer service to join our established Service Desk team. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment you will be supporting a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in our own cloud environment and within public cloud services.
This varied role demands excellent technical knowledge and is ideal for someone who is keen to constantly develop their skills, undertake additional accreditations on a regular basis and gain exposure to a large variety of IT technologies.
Reporting directly to the Service Desk Manager, you will work as part of a team to resolve reactive Service Desk tickets. You may also be required to assist in the delivery of planned upgrade projects within our client base which will be delivered from client offices.
A determined and resourceful individual, you will enjoy problem-solving and be able to think on your feet and find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies. You will enjoy taking responsibility and be keen to share your technical knowledge.
You must enjoy communicating with end users, have a keen eye for detail and take pride in consistently delivering excellent customer service.
You will enjoy producing and updating technical documentation to complement the infrastructures that we support, to aid with future troubleshooting.
Due to the nature of the role some of out of hours work will be required at times, so a flexible and can-do approach is vital.
At QuoStar we are committed to your development and will work with you to build a learning plan and clear objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a responsible and driven individual who is looking to gain experience with a wide variety of IT systems and take the next step in their career.
- Communicate with clients, end users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues and take full ownership of Service Desk tickets that are escalated to you.
- Attend client sites when required:
- To arrive at the start of your working day. This may require you to travel during your own time.
- On occasion work outside of your normal hours at short notice to resolve client Incidents.
- Undertake pre-arranged out of hours work for QuoStar and client systems.
- Partake in an out of hours emergency support rota.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- A desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- Any other duties required.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a 2nd/3rd line technical support role within an MSP environment, providing support to end users and their line of business applications.
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems:
- Server 2008- Server 2016.
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Windows client operating systems:
- Windows 8.1 – Windows 10.
- Microsoft Exchange configuration and troubleshooting.
- Exchange 2010 – Exchange 2016.
- Active Directory support and maintenance.
- Office 365 configuration and advanced support.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-grade backup solutions:
- Network configuration and troubleshooting:
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-grade wireless solutions.
- Enterprise-grade firewall configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience of working remotely and from site.
- Microsoft Azure configuration and support including ARM.
- Experience with scripting tools including Windows PowerShell.
- VMWare/Hyper-V configuration and troubleshooting.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network print solutions.
- Management of your own time and prioritisation of work to meet client needs and expectations.
- Smart appearance.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Excellent time keeping and ability to multi-task effectively.
- First class attention to detail.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills.
- A desire to answer the phone and provide outstanding customer service to our clients.
- Full UK Driving license and own car.
- Educated up to Degree level (IT Related).
- Active Microsoft Server MCP/MCSA certification or valid Cisco CCNA certification.
Why Work for QuoStar?
- We are a fun, professional and fast-growing company with an excellent reputation.
- We are extremely focused on personal development and provide regular training as well as paying any study materials and exams.
- We support each other and provide a modern, comfortable work environment which sets us apart.