QuoStar adds new data centres to its network
Last updated on April 16th, 2020
QuoStar delivers cloud services from multiple, highly secure and compliant UK data centres. The latest additions are purpose-built, ex-Ministry of Defence facilities that are armoured, nuclear bomb proof, military specified fortresses.
This unequalled level of security and redundancy is coupled with the ability to support high levels of power, cooling and stringent access control procedures.
The facilities benefit from 3m thick reinforced concrete walls, solid steel doors, CCTV systems with 24-hour video recording, visual verification of all persons entering the data floors, no unescorted access, Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) protection, Tempest RFI intrusion protection, shared or dedicated partitioned areas, and redundant power and cooling
The new data centres are based outside of London. Although London is the second largest internet exchange in the world, it is also one of the highest risk cities. Flood, terrorism, theft and power are all real and present threats.
These additional hosting facilities boast:
- Ultra secure – The state-of-the-art data centres are ex-Ministry of Defence command and control facilities that provide an ultra-secure environment for your systems.
- Ultra available – Dual-delivery capabilities can provide you with 100% up-time – in addition to auto-failover.
- ISO 27001 compliant – All data centres extend QuoStar’s own ISO status. A data centre’s accreditation is nothing if the company running the services from them is not.
- Full EMP and Tempest Shielded data floors – Top tier protection for cabinets and the hardware situated within them.
- Infrared CCTV with 24-hour video – Top tier video surveillance systems covering all cabinets and points of access
- G-Cloud Compliant Data Centre – Accredited to work with government agencies
- Escorted Access – QuoStar’s own engineers are escorted during any visit to ensure systems and data are guarded at physical levels.
All of the above results in the UK’s most secure data centre. At QuoStar we wouldn’t accept anything less.
Why should you invest in your IT systems?
As much as you may dread hearing “infrastructure refresh” or “systems update”, investing in your IT systems is vital for remaining successful in the rapidly changing market. As your business grows, your needs and priorities will change. An increased number of employees, technical advancements or market pressures could put pressure on systems which may have […]
Is your business ready for a CIO?
What is a CIO? If you don’t know what a CIO is, or want a refresh, check out our existing article on the role of a CIO. Since this article is aimed at businesses who are aware of what a CIO is but want to know if they need one, we won’t be covering it […]
How to work effectively with your IT support provider
One of the most common misconceptions which can put people off outsourced IT support is the belief that only an internal IT team can provide reliable, efficient support and ensure that any issues are resolved quickly. This simply isn’t the case. The advent of modern technologies allow the vast majority of IT issues to be […]