QuoStar adds new data centres to its network
December 12th, 2014
QuoStar delivers cloud services from multiple, highly secure and compliant UK data centres. The latest additions are purpose-built, ex-Ministry of Defence facilities that are armoured, nuclear bomb-proof, military specified fortresses.
In addition to this unequalled level of security and redundancy, the new data centre has the ability to support high levels of power, cooling and stringent access control procedures.
The facilities benefit from 3m thick reinforced concrete walls, solid steel doors, CCTV systems with 24-hour video recording, visual verification of all persons entering the data floors, no unescorted access, Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) protection, Tempest RFI intrusion protection, shared or dedicated partitioned areas, and redundant power and cooling
The new data centres are based outside of London. Although London is the second-largest internet exchange in the world, it is also one of the highest risk cities. Flood, terrorism, theft and power are all real and present threats.
These additional hosting facilities boast:
- Ultra-secure – The state-of-the-art data centres are ex-Ministry of Defence command and control facilities that provide an ultra-secure environment for your systems.
- Ultra-available – Dual-delivery capabilities can provide you with 100% up-time – in addition to auto-failover.
- ISO 27001 compliant – All data centres extend QuoStar’s own ISO status. A data centre’s accreditation is nothing if the company running the services from them is not.
- Full EMP and Tempest Shielded data floors – Top tier protection for cabinets and the hardware situated within them.
- Infrared CCTV with 24-hour video – Top tier video surveillance systems covering all cabinets and points of access
- G-Cloud compliant data centre – Accredited to work with government agencies
- Escorted access – During any visit, QuoStar’s engineers, will be escorted to ensure systems and data are guarded at physical levels.
All of the above results in the UK’s most secure data centre. At QuoStar we wouldn’t accept anything less.
Find out more about QuoStar and our services here
Data centre convergence & changing job roles
Why are we seeing rapid growth in converged/hyper-converged data centre infrastructure? Data centre infrastructures had to converge, predominately due to the demand for cloud/hosted services. The global economic situation, skills shortages with the market and escalating salaries simply led to a mushroom of technologies to help those running those data centres capitalise on the demand […]
QuoStar announces new business unit and jobs amid growth phase
QuoStar, the business consultancy and information technology firm, has announced the launch of a new business unit, Managed Document Solutions (MDS). This development is part of a broader expansion programme, as the Bournemouth based business is on a recruitment drive to hire local candidates to fill five roles. The MDS unit will be headed up […]
QuoStar launches new on-demand CIO Service in shake up of digital transformation consulting
Leading IT consultancy QuoStar has announced the launch of a CIO Service that will deliver on-demand access to top-level IT leadership on a flexible, cost-effective basis. QuoStar’s solution will provide businesses with a dedicated, experienced CIO-level Consultant who will work in partnership with the senior leadership team to ensure IT continually delivers measurable results. Businesses […]