QuoStar is a fast-growing IT support and consultancy provider headquartered on the South coast in Bournemouth, Dorset. We work with growing businesses worldwide across a variety of sectors.
As a member of the QuoStar team you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Internal incentives and awards.
- Pension plan with employer contribution.
- Employee assistance and wellness programme to support physical and mental wellbeing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious IT support professional to work for one of the fastest growing IT managed service providers in the UK. We offer a friendly, dynamic environment, where you will support multiple client and internal systems and applications on client premises, in QuoStar’s cloud environment and within public cloud services. This role will help you grow your skills even further, alongside some of the best in the industry, harnessing your technical knowledge and experience to resolve service desk incidents and requests, and acting as an escalation point for junior members of our team.
- Communicate in a friendly, professional way with clients, end users and third parties via telephone, e-mail and through remote support tools to resolve incidents and service requests and update on these regularly, in line with agreed SLA standards.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the engineering teams to resolve client issues and take full ownership of any tickets escalated to you.
- Be part of our out of hours emergency support rota.
- Use our internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required as part of your role.
- Develop your knowledge and skills by taking part in professional training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures in line with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditations.
- Manage your time well and resolve service requests within SLA requirements.
- Take ownership of issues and resolve these as expediently as possible, including doing extra research as required when you face unfamiliar technologies.
- To continually improve in everything you do.
- Learn about and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with team members so that we can all develop and exceed our standards.
- Become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 2nd line position
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of working for a Managed Service Provider
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Windows Desktop OS
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure fundamentals
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 (including intune)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV, VMware, Azure)
- LAN/WAN/VPN (routers, switches, firewall)
- Backup technologies (experience of using Veeam is desirable)
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- Azure Administration
- Microsoft Certified
This role is suitable for someone who:
- Is driven, flexible and has a can-do attitude
- Has a passion for technology and delivering outstanding customer service, taking the lead where necessary and sharing technical knowledge
- Is a determined and resourceful individual, who enjoys problem solving and can think on their feet to find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies.
- Title: Service Desk Engineer 2
- Team: Service Desk
- Reports to: Head of Service Delivery
- Salary: DOE + excellent benefits
Quostar is looking for a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer to join our team.Apply