QuoStar is a fast-growing IT support and consultancy provider headquartered on the (sometimes) sunny South coast in Bournemouth, Dorset. We work with growing businesses worldwide, particularly in the professional services and manufacturing sectors.
As a member of the QuoStar team you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- An opportunity to join our QuoStar Training Academy to grow and establish a long-term career.
- Internal incentives and awards.
- Pension plan with employer contribution.
- Employee assistance and wellness programme to support physical and mental wellbeing.
- Cash plan for everyday healthcare including physiotherapy.
- Regular social events.
The Technical Account Manager will be responsible for implementing QuoStar’s proactive support methods; identifying areas of technical risk, developing new ways to eliminate reactive issues, developing client IT Strategy and completing the QuoStar onboarding process for all new clients. As a Technical Account Manager, you will own and be accountable for your clients as an internal IT Manager would be.
- Evaluate client systems as part of our drive for continual improvement to look for areas where infrastructures do not align to QuoStar standard and provide input for future considerations.
- Work closely with the Account Management team to build and deliver I.T. strategies for our clients
- Own client systems including from a risk and compliance perspective and implement appropriate remediations; maintaining their risk register and ensuring the client is fully aware of their exposure.
- Work closely with the SysAdmin team to ensure ongoing SysAdmin/maintenance tasks are completed
- Complete client trend analysis to identify recurring issues and develop tools/methods to eliminate them
- Use technology and automation to improve efficiencies and eliminate reactive incidents
- Implement improvements to client systems without supervision where required
- Work with the Service Desk teams to ensure that the QuoStar standards are adhered to at all times.
- Coordinate with SysAdmin to undertake pre-arranged out of hours work for client systems.
- Complete onboarding of all new clients
- Documentation of client systems
- Communicate with clients via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools
- Work closely with all technical operation departments to develop standards and “best practices” for clients
- To become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Microsoft Server and Server Application administration.
- Microsoft 365 Setup, configuration and support.
- Microsoft Azure Setup, configuration and support
- Network administration (LAN and WLAN).
- Firewall administration.
- Endpoint device configuration.
- Network design and troubleshooting.
- Windows Microsoft Certified Professional.
- VMWare and Hyper-V deployment and management.
- Backup methods and technologies including Veeam and Backup Exec
Desired experience, skills and qualifications
- IT degree or equivalent
- Experience of all Microsoft Cloud Solutions
This role is suitable for someone who…
- Has excellent customer service and organisational skills
- Has an excellent understanding of all major IT systems and how they can best be leveraged to deliver business outcomes, with the ability to pick up new technologies and third party applications quickly.
- Is results-driven, great attention to detail, with a can-do attitude, has a professional manner with a hands-on flexible approach.
- Team: Professional Services
- Reports to: Professional Services Manager
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 – £40,000k DOE + excellent benefits