Service Desk Engineer 1
Department: Managed Services
Team: Service Desk
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 DOE plus excellent benefits
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
To provide technical knowledge and experience to resolve reactive Service Desk tickets. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in Quostar’s cloud environment and within public cloud services.
- Communicate with clients, end-users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues.
- Partake in an out of hours emergency support rota.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- To become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Essential experience, skills and qualifications:
- At least 2 years experience working in a 1st line technical support role within an MSP environment, providing support to end users and their line of business applications
- Advanced Windows 10 Support and Maintenance
- General diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Office Applications and 365 Support and Administration
- Virtualisation technologies
- Excellent documentation skills
- General network troubleshooting, including:
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications:
- IT degree
- Valid Microsoft Server MCP/MCSA certification or Cisco CCNA certification
This role is suitable for someone who:
- Is driven, flexible, with a can-do attitude
- Has a passion for technology and delivering outstanding customer service, taking the lead where necessary and sharing your technical knowledge
- Is a determined and resourceful individual, you will enjoy problem-solving and be able to think on your feet and find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies.