Service Desk Coordinator
Team: Service Desk
Reports To: Service Desk Manager
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £19,000 – £21,000 + excellent benefits
Coordinate all communication and client-facing activities to and from our Service Desk. The primary point of contact for our clients and their end-users, logging all Service Desk tickets as they come in. Collecting information from multiple touch points (telephone, email, remote monitoring tools), dispatching tickets and arranging time slots for engineers to carry out necessary work.
- Work within a team to act as the single point of contact to the client for all types of inbound service requests, answering inbound Service Desk phone calls from clients, end users and 3rd parties.
- Collect all necessary information required and create tickets within QuoStar’s Service Desk system to the desired standard.
- Receive tickets from clients, end users and 3rd parties by email and remote monitoring tools and prepare those tickets for dispatch.
- Dispatch all tickets within the Service Desk Team to the relevant engineer according to SLA. This will be based on the nature of the ticket and the impact and urgency of the issue.
- Escalate Service tickets to appropriate engineers when the priority changes and to maximise resource utilisation.
- Monitor the Service Desk schedules and work with engineers to ensure Service tickets do not breach SLA or become stale.
- Schedule coordination with outside vendors and contractors as needed
- Make proactive phone calls to end users to organise engineer time to complete required activities.
- Maintain positive client relationships through empathy whilst looking to improve\maintain our CSAT score.
- Escalate appropriate tickets to Service Director as\when required.
- Raise instances where tickets are at risk of breaching SLA to the ticket owner or Service Desk Manager.
- Identify opportunities within the Service Desk portfolio of tools that will aid the efficiency of communication and resolution for our clients.
- Provide proactive communication to our clients relating to planned and emergency maintenance of key systems.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Perform quality assurance on all resolved issues by ensuring that any ticket meets QuoStar standard before closing.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and prioritisation of work to meet client needs and expectations.
- Understand processes within QuoStar’s Service Desk Management system by completing assigned training materials.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- To become involved in other ad hoc tasks/duties as required
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 9 GCSE’s (A-C Grade) or equivalent.
- 3 A Levels (A-C Grade) or equivalent
- Good experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent understanding of SLA’s and ability to effectively assign the correct priority and engineer to a Service Desk ticket.
- Experience of delivering outstanding customer service
- Experience of efficiently multitasking to set deadlines
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- An interest and a basic understanding of modern IT equipment such as laptop/desktop systems, WAN/LAN connectivity and servers.
The role is suitable for someone who:
- Is driven with a strong work ethic with outstanding written, verbal and organisational skills.
- Is looking to start/develop their IT career within a fast paced environment.