To gain an Infrastructure Technician lv3 apprenticeship whilst providing excellent customer service to resolve reactive, client-facing Service Desk tickets. Working as part of a team, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in QuoStar’s cloud environment and within public cloud services. The role will be based primarily at QuoStar HQ in Bournemouth with visits to client sites on an ad-hoc basis. The initial apprenticeship period is 16 months, at the end of which the successful candidate will progress onto the next phase of the QuoStar Training Academy.
- Communicate with clients, end-users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Complete coursework and learning in own time in line with achieving QuoStar training academy milestones.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO 20000 and ISO 27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your learnings, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- To become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Essential Experience, Skills & Experience
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal
- Full UK driving license and own car
- At least 2 years of experience working in a client-facing role
- A strong interest in IT/computing
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Strong time management
- Proven track record of learning/passing exams
- 5 x GCSE’s grade 5 or above, including Maths, English and IT
Desired Experience, Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Managed Services
- Experience of working in an IT-based role
- 3 x A Level or equivalent
This role is suitable for someone who…
- Is looking to take the first steps on a career in IT
- Wants to continually improve themselves through learning in their own time and completing industry-standard certifications.
- Who embodies the QuoStar core values:
- Can Do
- Take Ownership
- Focused on the Detail
- Team: Service Desk
- Reports To: Service Desk Team Leader
- Salary: £16,000