QuoStar is a fast-growing IT support and consultancy provider headquartered on the (sometimes) sunny South coast in Bournemouth, Dorset. We work with growing businesses worldwide, particularly in the professional services and manufacturing sectors.
As a member of the QuoStar team you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- An opportunity to join our QuoStar Training Academy to grow and establish a long-term career.
- Internal incentives and awards.
- Pension plan with employer contribution.
- Employee assistance and wellness programme to support physical and mental wellbeing.
- Cash plan for everyday healthcare including physiotherapy.
- Regular social events.
To provide technical knowledge and experience to resolve Service Desk incidents and requests; and act as the first point of contact for IT advice and support, whilst providing outstanding customer service. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on premise, in QuoStar’s cloud environment and within public cloud services.
- Communicate with clients, end users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team alongside members of the engineering teams to resolve client issues and take full ownership of any tickets that are assigned to you.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required – for example when faced with unfamiliar technologies – to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar team to aid their development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- To become involved in other tasks/duties as required.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 1 years proven experience working in an IT service desk role.
- Experience of working for a Managed Service Provider.
Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Windows Desktop OS
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure fundamentals
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 (including intune)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV, VMware, Azure)
- LAN/WAN/VPN (routers, switches, firewall)
- Backup technologies (experience of using Veeam is desirable)
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- Azure Administration
- Microsoft Certified
This role is suitable for someone who:
- Is driven, flexible, with a can-do attitude.
- Has a passion for technology and delivering outstanding customer service, taking the lead where necessary and sharing your technical knowledge.
- Is a determined and resourceful individual, who enjoys problem solving and is able to think on their feet and find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies.
- Team: Service Desk
- Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 – £26,000k DOE + excellent benefits