Service Desk Administrator
Department: Managed Services
Team: Service Desk
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (1/2 hour lunch break)
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Salary: to £18k (dependant upon experience)
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Benefits: Free drinks, fruit and breakfast cereal, fun working environment and a range of social events, a great south coast location – 10 minutes from the beach, contributory pension scheme, free eye tests, cycle to work scheme and private health cover. We also offer a flexible benefits scheme which includes things like free phone insurance, travel and restaurant discounts, half price cinema tickets, plus more.
Due to continued expansion, we’re recruiting for a Service Desk Administrator to coordinate all communication and client-facing activities to and from our Service Desk.
Working as part of a team, you’ll be the primary point of contact for our clients and their end-users, logging all Service Desk tickets as they come in.
Top organisational skills are essential for this role as you’ll be collecting information from multiple touch points (telephone, email, remote monitoring tools), dispatching tickets and arranging time slots for engineers to carry out necessary work.
As this is a critical part of our day-to-day operations, we’re looking for a proactive individual who gets a real buzz from continually delivering excellent customer service. You’ll be happy to pick up the phone and deliver status updates to end-users, help prepare reports for the QuoStar management team and generally get stuck into any task which will ensure the smooth running of our Service Desk.
This an ideal opportunity for a responsible and driven individual looking to take the first step in their IT career and offers excellent progression into more senior Service Desk roles.
- Work within a team to answer all inbound Service Desk phone calls from clients, end users and 3rd
- Collect all necessary information required and create tickets within QuoStar’s Service Desk system to the desired standard.
- Receive tickets from clients, end users and 3rd parties by email and remote monitoring tools and prepare those tickets for dispatch.
- Dispatch all tickets within the Service Desk Team to the relevant engineer according to SLA. This will be based on the nature of the ticket and the impact and urgency of the issue.
- Make proactive phone calls to end users to organise engineer time to complete required activities.
- Return any calls to end users that are not answered.
- Raise instances where tickets are at risk of breaching SLA to the ticket owner or Service Desk Manager.
- Ensure all Service Desk systems and tools are operating correctly at all times.
- Identify opportunities within the Service Desk portfolio of tools that will aid the efficiency of communication and resolution for our clients.
- Provide proactive communication to our clients relating to planned maintenance of key systems.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Perform quality assurance on all resolved issues by ensuring that any ticket meets QuoStar standard before closing.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and prioritisation of work to meet client needs and expectations.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Any other duties required.
- Smart appearance.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Excellent time keeping and ability to multi-task effectively.
- First class attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A desire to answer the phone and provide outstanding customer service to our clients.
- A flexible attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent understanding of SLA’s and ability to effectively assign the correct priority and engineer to a Service Desk ticket.
- An interest and a basic understanding of modern IT equipment such as laptop/desktop systems, WAN/LAN connectivity and servers.
- 9 GCSE’s (A-C Grade) or equivalent.
- 3 A Levels (A-C Grade) or equivalent.
Why work for QuoStar?
- We are a fun, professional and fast-growing company with an excellent reputation.
- We are extremely focused on personal development and provide regular training as well as paying any study materials and exams.
- We support each other and provide a modern, comfortable work environment which sets us apart.