Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Department: Managed Services
Team: Professional Services
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional overtime (½ hour lunch break)
Reports to: Client Infrastructure Manager
Salary: up to £50k DOE plus benefits, pension, on-call allowance, company laptop, company mobile phone and relocation support
Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Benefits: Free drinks, fruit and breakfast cereal, fun working environment and a range of social events, a great south coast location – 10 minutes from the beach, contributory pension scheme, free eye tests, a wide range of other benefits such as free phone insurance, travel and restaurant discounts, half price cinema tickets, plus more, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and private health cover.
Homeworking is also available if not local to the Bournemouth area. There would be a requirement to travel to our head office two times per month, or as and when required, depending on projects.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced professional with a passion for technology and customer service to join our established technical teams as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment you will be the technical lead on a wide range of projects and providing support escalation from other teams. You will work with a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in our own cloud environment and within public cloud services.
This varied role demands excellent technical knowledge and is ideal for someone who is keen to constantly develop their skills, undertake additional accreditations on a regular basis and gain exposure to a large variety of IT technologies.
Reporting directly to the Client Infrastructure Manager, you will be responsible for leading and supporting a wide range of technical infrastructure projects, both client-facing and internal. The role also includes an element of escalation support for other teams within the business.
A determined and resourceful individual, you will enjoy problem-solving and be able to think on your feet and find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies. You will enjoy taking responsibility and be keen to share your technical knowledge.
Due to the nature of the role some of out of hours work will be required at times, so a flexible and can-do approach is vital.
At QuoStar we are committed to your development and will work with you to build a learning plan and clear objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a responsible and driven individual who is looking to gain experience with a wide variety of IT systems and take the next step in their career.
- Work as a team with other members of the Professional Services team to scope, design and deliver technical projects following best practice methods and within defined timeframes.
- Assist with the design, implementation and operation of key internal projects relating to strategic automation of critical IT services and functions.
- Recommend infrastructure improvements that you identify within client environments to QuoStar Account Managers for consideration.
- Communicate with clients, end users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues and take full ownership of Service Desk tickets that are escalated to you through to their completion.
- Provide SWAT resolution to high impact and urgency issues if they occur.
- Provide input or conduct your own research if required to support the Systems Management teams when defining a QuoStar standard in relation to a specific technology or service.
- Attend client sites when required. To arrive at the start of your working day. This may require you to travel during your own time.
- On occasion work outside of your normal hours at short notice to resolve client Incidents.
- Undertake pre-arranged out of hours work for QuoStar and client systems.
- Partake in out of hours emergency support/be available out of hours.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- Deliver technical training on areas of expertise to the existing QuoStar service delivery teams.
- Any other duties required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar, senior technical role ideally within an MSP environment.
- Experience in scope, design and implementation of mid-size (multi-site) technical projects
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems:
- Server 2008- Server 2019.
- Microsoft Exchange configuration and troubleshooting:
- Exchange 2010 – Exchange 2016.
- Advanced Active Directory support and maintenance.
- Office 365 configuration, support and migrations.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise grade backup solutions:
- Cloud and on premise.
- Network configuration and troubleshooting: WAN, LAN and WLAN.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise grade wireless solutions.
- Enterprise grade firewall configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience of working remotely and from site.
- Microsoft Azure configuration and support including ARM.
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite.
- Experience with scripting tools including Windows PowerShell.
- VMWare/Hyper-V configuration and troubleshooting.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network print solutions.
- Understand and deliver best practice standards.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Smart appearance.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills.
- Delivering client facing meetings.
- Full UK Driving license and own car.
- Experience of working with Mimecast would be an advantage
- Microsoft SQL optimization.
- Veeam configuration and troubleshooting.
- SonicWALL Firewall devices.
- Ubiquiti or Xirrus wireless solutions.
- Educated up to Degree level (Ideally IT Related).
- Valid Microsoft Server MCSE certification
- Valid Cisco CCNA certification.
Why Work for QuoStar?
We are a fun, professional and fast-growing company with an excellent reputation.
We are extremely focused on personal development and provide regular training as well as paying any study materials and exams.
We support each other and provide a modern, comfortable work environment which sets us apart.