To provide technical knowledge and experience to resolve Service Desk incidents and requests; and act as an escalation point for junior members of the team. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in QuoStar’s cloud environment and within public cloud services.
- Communicate with clients, end-users and 3rdparties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the engineering teams to resolve client issues and take full ownership of any tickets that are escalated to you.
- Partake in an out of hours emergency support rota.
- Utilise QuoStar’s internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- To become involved in other tasks/duties as required
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 2nd line position
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working for a Managed Service Provider
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Windows Desktop OS
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure fundamentals
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 (including intune)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV, VMware, Azure)
- LAN/WAN/VPN (routers, switches, firewall)
- Backup technologies (experience of using Veeam is desirable)
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- Azure Administration
- Microsoft Certified
This role is suitable for someone who…
- Is driven, flexible, with a can-do attitude.
- Has a passion for technology and delivering outstanding customer service, taking the lead where necessary and sharing your technical knowledge
- Is a determined and resourceful individual, you will enjoy problem-solving and be able to think on your feet and find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies.
- Team: Service Desk
- Reports To: Service Desk Team Leader
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 DOE