QuoStar is a fast-growing IT support and consultancy provider headquartered on the (sometimes) sunny South coast in Bournemouth, Dorset. We work with growing businesses worldwide, particularly in the professional services and manufacturing sectors.
As a member of the QuoStar team you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- An opportunity to join our QuoStar Training Academy to grow and establish a long-term career.
- Internal incentives and awards.
- Pension plan with employer contribution.
- Employee assistance and wellness programme to support physical and mental wellbeing.
- Cash plan for everyday healthcare including physiotherapy.
- Regular social events.
Responsible for leading, scoping, building and supporting a wide range of technical infrastructure projects, both client-facing and internal. Working with a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in our own cloud environment and within public cloud services to provide outstanding service and solutions. Flexibility to work from various locations including the QuoStar office and from client sites.
- Work as the lead engineer to scope, design and deliver technical projects following best practice methods and within defined timeframes.
- Support with the design, implementation and operation of key internal projects relating to strategic automation of critical IT services and functions.
- Recommend infrastructure improvements that you identify within client environments to QuoStar Account Managers for consideration.
- Communicate with clients, end-users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Manage projects effectively and provide timely progress updates to clients and the professional service manager. Log accurate time entries against active projects.
- Work as a team with other technical departments to provide guidance and assistance with technical queries. Take full ownership of high impact and urgent issues affecting internal and client systems.
- Provide input or conduct your own research if required to support the Systems Management teams when defining a QuoStar standard in relation to a specific technology or service.
- Partake in out of hours emergency support/be available out of hours.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams and coach them to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- Deliver technical training on areas of expertise to the existing QuoStar service delivery teams.
- Any other duties required.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Previous experience working in an MSP
- Proven track record of delivering and leading projects on time and to budget.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure including design, implementation and support.
- Networking background, ideally working knowledge of SonicWALL, Cisco, Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti hardware
- Microsoft Exchange/Hybrid configuration and troubleshooting
- Office 365 configuration, support and migrations including SharePoint/Exchange
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-grade backup solutions – cloud and on-premise
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (InTune)
- Designed and delivered Windows Virtual Desktop environments.
- On premise virtualisation technologies – VMWare, hyper v
- Experience in scoping and configuring redundant and effective storage solutions
- Proven record of continuous personal development and learning
- Time management & project management. Accurate scope and deliver to schedule
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- IT related degree
- Valid Microsoft Server MCSE certification and Cisco CCNA certification
- Experience of working with Mimecast
- Microsoft SQL optimization
- Ubiquiti, Meraki wireless solutions
- Worked with a wide range of WAN technologies
- Experience with scripting tools including Windows PowerShell
- Experience using ConnectWise
- Veeam configuration and troubleshooting
- Azure Site Recovery
This role is suitable for someone who…
- Is driven, flexible, with a can-do attitude
- Is an experienced professional, able to work in a dynamic environment and lead on technical projects
- Is keen to constantly develop their skills, undertake additional accreditations and gain exposure to a large variety of IT technologies
- Team: Professional Services
- Reports to: Professional Services Manager
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35,000 – £45,000k DOE + excellent benefits