Infrastructure Engineer 2
Team: Professional Services
Reports to: Client Infrastructure Manager
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 (DOE) + excellent benefits
Responsible for leading, scoping, building and supporting a wide range of technical infrastructure projects, both client-facing and internal. Working with a multitude of client and internal systems and applications, on-premise, in our own cloud environment and within public cloud services to provide outstanding service and solutions.
- Work as the lead Engineer to scope, design and deliver technical projects following best practice methods and within defined timeframes.
- Support with the design, implementation and operation of key internal projects relating to strategic automation of critical IT services and functions.
- Recommend infrastructure improvements that you identify within client environments to QuoStar Account Managers for consideration.
- Communicate with clients, end-users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk support team to resolve client issues and take full ownership of Service Desk tickets that are escalated to you through to their completion.
- Provide SWAT resolution to high impact and urgency issues if they occur.
- Provide input or conduct your own research if required to support the Systems Management teams when defining a QuoStar standard in relation to a specific technology or service.
- Partake in out of hours emergency support/be available out of hours.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar’s ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of service requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Share your knowledge, experience and work ethic with other members of the QuoStar teams and coach them to aid their own development and exceed QuoStar standards.
- Deliver technical training on areas of expertise to the existing QuoStar service delivery teams.
- Any other duties required.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar, senior technical role within an MSP environment
- Configuration and support of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Network configuration and troubleshooting: WAN, LAN and WLAN
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-grade wireless solutions
- Enterprise-grade firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- VMWare/Hyper-V configuration and troubleshooting
- Outstanding organisational, communication and customer service skills
Desirable experience, skills and qualifications
- IT degree
- Valid Microsoft Server MCSE certification and Cisco CCNA certification
- Experience of working with Mimecast
- Microsoft SQL optimization
- Veeam configuration and troubleshooting
- SonicWALL Firewall devices
- Ubiquiti or Xirrus wireless solutions
- Microsoft Exchange configuration and troubleshooting
- Office 365 configuration, support and migrations including SharePoint
- Configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-grade backup solutions – cloud and on-premise
- Microsoft Azure configuration and support including ARM
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Experience with scripting tools including Windows PowerShell
This role is suitable for someone who…
- Is driven, flexible, with a can-do attitude
- Is an experienced professional, able to work in a dynamic environment and lead on technical projects
- Is keen to constantly develop their skills, undertake additional accreditations and gain exposure to a large variety of IT technologies